Online Course: Indoor High Tech Farming (Intermediate Level) (30 May 2020)
Date: 30 May 2020 (Saturday)
Time: 9.30 AM to 5.00 PM
Venue: This course will be held fully online via ZOOM
This course provide participants with the intermediate knowledge and skills for indoor urban farming. You will learn important skills, including climate control parameters in an indoor environment, plant diagnostics, nutrient management etc..
This intermediate course is the 2nd of the 3 Level Series of Our Indoor High Tech Farming Course
During this 7 Hours comprehensive course, you will learn the following topics and skills:
Module 1: Propagation of Crops for Indoor Farming
- Describe types of seeds available to growers and their advantages
- Explain principles of seed dormancy and maximizing germination for seeds
Module 2: Photosynthesis and Respiration in Indoor Farming
- Describe the detailed process in photosynthesis and how it affects crop growth indoor farming
- Explain the light colors and its effect on photosynthesis for crops
- Describe relationship between respiration, temperature and the effect on net photosynthesis in crop growth
Module 3: Temperature, Humidity and CO2 in Indoor Farming
- Explain differences between relative humidity and absolute humidity
- Describe potential crop growth rate
- Describe principles of managing Temperature, humidity, and CO2
Module 4: Nutrient Management
- Describe nutrient requirements for crops (leafy vegetables)
- List different types of nutrient applicable for indoor farming
Module 5: Crop Nutrient Analysis
- Calculate the nutrient formulation based on crop type
- Explain procedure to prepare nutrient for crops
Average class duration is 7 hours
This Training is Suitable for:
- Greenhouse growers who wish to explore deeper into indoor farming
- Commercial growers who wish to deepen their knowledge of indoor farming
- Researchers (Farming)
- Other Persons intending to enter the Agricultural industry
- Other Persons interested in indoor farming
- Already complete the High Tech Indoor Farming (Basic) course by The Living Centre
After you have completed this Intermediate Level Course, you have met the prerequisites to progress to our Advanced Level Training which will take place about 1 to 2 months after the basic level course (see progression chart below).
Faith is the Founder of The Living Centre, and is professionally trained in Nutritional Farming in Australia as well as High Tech farming from Netherlands (HAS University of Applied Sciences). With expert knowledge in both Soil-Based and Soil-less Agriculture, she also lead the first series of Urban Farming SkillsFuture courses supported by SkillsFuture Singapore. Besides providing professional training in hydroponics to the public and local university, she also provides consultancy to commercial hydroponic farms.
She has been invited as a key speaker at key gardening and edible farming events, including "Community Garden Festival", "Gardeners'Day Out" organised by Nparks Singapore. Faith believes in changing lives through imparting skills and knowledge to local growers in farms and gardening community.
The training held fully online
Mode of Training : Theory and Hands-on Practical Learning
Course Fees : SG$300
How to register for the class?
Click the "Register" Button below
How do I pay for the class?
You can pay via either Paypal/Credit Card or Interbank Transfer, or eInvoice if you are sent by a government organisation
|Event Date||30-May-2020 (Sat) 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||30-May-2020 (Sat) 5:00 pm|
|This event is organised and conducted by||The Living Centre|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Course Fee Payment Mode||You can use Paypal/Credit Card, Interbank Transfer or EInvoice (if you are sent by a corporate organisation)|
|Location||Online Live Streaming (Zoom)|