Face-to-Face Course: Growing Organic Edible Flowers in Singapore (17 April 2021)- AM Class
Enhance your Skills with Expert Led Face to Face Workshop
This is an face-to-face workshop that will provide and equip you detailed techniques of growing unique edible flowers in your apartment or flats, or house in Singapore context . Singapore climate conditions are very different from many other countries, and it is important for you to learn what skills you can apply in Singapore context.
Date: 17 APRIL 2021, SAT
Time: 9.30 AM to 12 Noon
Venue: The Living Centre, 2 Hindhede Road Singapore 589239 (just 5 mins walk from Beauty World MRT)
Course Fees: SG$155 (early bird special today , you pay only SG$145)
(included SG$60 worth of Grow Edible Flower Seeds/Supplies to bring home during the course)
Overall savings of SG$75 !
After years of Research and Development, The Living Centre identified a unique list of edible flowers that are suitable to grow under specific conditions in Singapore. Most people of heard of Blue Pea flowers, but this is just too common and not that unique to most growers in Singapore. We are going to teach you many other flowers of various beautiful shapes, colours and smells. taste and scent so that you have a wider selection of edible flowers that you can grow, and harvest them fresh in Singapore.
It is difficult to buy unique range of edible flowers in Singapore, and even the common ones that are available are usually quite expensive. That is why we developed this course to teach you how you are grow your own!
This course will be taught by our Founder, Ms Faith Foo, who is trained in Nutritional and Organic Farming in Australia and High Tech Farming from the Netherlands. She has trained growers from over 14 countries over the past years in applications of commercial farming, community and home gardening.
This Class is Suitable for
- Home Growers who wants to grow edible flowers to beautiful their edible gardens and invite beneficial insects into your garden and use them as a source of food for your family
- Bakers who want to grow edible flowers to incorporate into cake designs / decoration
- Pastry Chefs who wants to grow edible flowers for decoration of pastries
- Beverage shop Owners who wants to grow edible flowers for purpose of incorporating into beverages / unique drinks
- Salad /Restaurant Shop Owners who want to learn to grow edible flowers to incorporate into salads and mixed greens
- Health Conscious individuals who wants to incorporate edible flowers to spice up the look of your healthy dishes at home
- Farm owners who hopes to improve the ecosystem of the farm by incorporating unique flowers into crops
- Singapore Climate and its impact on Growing Edible Flowers
- Unique Types of Edible Flowers that can be grown in Singapore (This is developed by The Living Centre and not available anywhere else)
(This is a special list of flowers researched by The Living Centre after a long term of R&D.
It is specially identified for Singapore weather and only available via the course at The Living Centre)
- How to Grow Edible Flowers
(Suitable growing substrates, soil recipes, techniques etc)
- How to Use Edible Flowers
- Pest Management for Edible Flowers
(Health Advisory) -
For face-to-face classes, we have followed the guidelines by Ministry of Health on the measures required and the social distancing measures. All students will be required to use hand sanitizer and wear face mask through out the session. Hand Sanitizers and Anti-Bacterial soap are available within our premises.
Class Size is Small (10 students max).
From August 2020, we have moved to a larger classroom as well!
(1) Is the trainer good?
Ms Faith Foo has trained people in Singapore and from over 14 countries in applications of commercial farming, community and home gardening. She has also been invited as a key speaker at various key gardening events in Singapore such as Singapore Gardening Festival organised by Hort Park. She also works as a consultant for commercial farms. She is also involved in training local polytechnic lecturers who in turn train next generation of growers to enter the agricultural industry.
(2) Will I receive any training materials?
Yes, you will receive digital copies (pdf) of step-by-step guides and your trainer will teach you how to use these guides.
(3) Will the trainer share where we can get good and affordable gardening supplies in Singapore?
Yes! We will train you how to be a smart and informed shopper! So that you do not get confused by the product offerings at commercial shops.
(4) Should I attend a face-to-face or online class?
Some of you prefer to attend an online class as you may be taking care of someone at home, or you feel more comfortable learning from home. A Face to Face will provide you with the ability to practice your skills with feedback from the trainer
(5) When is the closing date?
Once all the seats are full , we will close registration
(6) How do I register for the class?
Click on Red Registration button on this page
|Event Date||17-Apr-2021 (Sat) 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||17-Apr-2021 (Sat) 12:00 pm|
|This event is organised and conducted by||The Living Centre|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Course Fee Payment Mode||You can use online Paypal/Credit or Debit Card , Interbank or PayNow Transfer.|
|Location||The Living Centre (Training Room - Level 1)|