(Theory and Hands-On Engaging Learning)
This course provide participants with the knowledge and skills to understand urban farming in Singapore. Awareness of Singapore’s growing needs and food sustainability will be explored and discussed, with acquiring of knowledge and techniques of basic urban farming
Includes Theory and Hands-On Practical Learning
• Describe concept of Urban Farming in Singapore's agricultural industry
• Explain importance of food sustainability in Asia and Singapore
• Describe Singapore's needs in Food Security
• Explain types of spaces in Singapore for Urban Farming
• Describe health, safety, and environmental operating guidelines.
• List key factors in healthy Plant Growth
• Apply germination and Transplanting Techniques
• Describe foundation of Plant Growth
• Explain growth needs of leafy vegetables and small fruits
• Describe how to monitor and adjust Environment Factors
• List common harvesting techniques
• Describe packaging methods after harvest
Registration Payment for this event is SG$198 via paypal (use your paypal account or your online credit or debit card).
The training is provided by The Living Centre and it will be held at World Farm Singapore (Directions and map details will be sent to you via email about 1 week before the event.) The location is within 10 mins walk from the nearest Public Transport Bus Stop.
|Event Date||27-May-2017 (Sat) 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||27-May-2017 (Sat) 5:00 pm|
|This event is organised and conducted by||The Living Centre|
|Event Query||Please email firstname.lastname@example.org|
World Farm (Singapore)
15 Bah Soon Pah Rd, Singapore 769962